Wednesday, January 30, 2008

warm and fuzzy

I was at Target the other day and I actually left the store with the only the items I meant to buy. That's not the intent of this entry but I had to pat myself on the back.

As I walked up to check out, I greeted the lady with a sing-songy "hello!" She seemed surprised that I would have a huge smile on my face. We exchanged a few upbeat words and left the store. As we were leaving, my oldest daughter, Mia, questioned me.

"Mom, did you know her?"
"No, I didn't."
"Then how come you said hello like she was your friend?"
"Because she is my friend."

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

Even though I like to brighten up someone's day, sometimes I forget to have the same attitude towards my family. I'll be doing a task (and there are so many!) and my 2-1/2 year old would say, "What's wrong, Mommy?" That's when I have to change the look on my face and stop thinking about all the things I have to do and focus on all the things I get to do.

No comments: