Friday, January 11, 2008

inspired by

What are you inspired by? 

I often thought that I would love do something with photos. I mainly loved the aspect of photos and photobooks as memory keepsakes. I loved the idea of having little cute and pretty books tell a story of an event. I had created photo calendars and a photobook on my mac for Christmas gifts last year. I really enjoyed them and so did my family.

Then, an entrepreneur friend was looking for some type of business to pursue. I found myself online for hours, searching for something fun and creative that we could do for business. It was then that I found social networking to be a phenomenon that is spreading wildly, not just for the teenagers, but for business and for us stay-at-home moms.

I also found that many bloggers love to scrapbook, love to take pictures, and love to display their kid's cute pictures around to savor every memory.

In the past, I had been too busy being trying to be a good wife, being pregnant, raising four wonderful kids and homeschooling two of them, to look up and see beyond the tasks of each day.

And I have often thought it would be nice to journal. Every time I heard of someone journaling, I would think, "I'd love to do that." But I'd never do it. I would receive journaling books for gifts and the pages would stay blank for lack of time or desire to write. Writing was never my best subject. I was even worse at math.

I started scrapbooking in grade school, before it was called scrapbooking. I didn't like the part where you had to have tiny scraps of paper and letters and cut-outs everywhere, no matter how cute they were. But now there is digital scrapbooking. And now you can TYPE your journal ONLINE.

Those are the reasons that I would start the new year with a journal. I am inspired to do something more, something better with my talents. I think I may have been late to discover my passions, but I don't think it's ever too late to act on them.

What a great day to start a blog - It's my mom's birthday!!!!

No comments: